As Jolly Ol’ Saint Nick’s arrival is quickly approaching, I thought I’d share some of his beliefs I ran across a few years back…There’s a reason he continues to flourish…consider….
1. “Choose Your Reindeer Wisely”
· Hire tough so you can manage easy – Expend the effort to bring on the very best people.
· Promote the right ones … for the right reasons – Match the people with the responsibilities.
· Go for the diversity advantage – Bring on “different” people who will challenge the status quo.
2. “Share the Milk and Cookies”
· Help them see the difference they make – Show employees their part of the “Big Picture.”
· Do right by those who do right – Recognize and reward those who meet or exceed expectations.
· Expand the reinforcement possibilities – Find new and creative ways to recognize your team.
3. “Find Out Who’s Naughty and Nice”
· Confront performance problems early – Address issues as soon as you become aware of them.
· Coach “the majority in the middle” – Work with your solid performers to help them get even better.
· Don’t forget “the super stars” – Don’t take your best people for granted. They need attention, too.
’ Santa has some pretty good ideas…
Be good to yourself…BELIEVE…