Friday, December 2, 2016

$156,500.00!

$156,500.00! That’s what USA Today said it would cost to buy “The 12 Days of Christmas” this year. I was never quite clear if the recipient received just one new gift each day, or continued to receive all the gifts to that point in addition to the new gift…but that’s for a discussion some other day. The point is $156,500.00 is a lot of money no matter how you slice that partridge in a pear tree.

As leaders we’re all aware of the distractions the holiday season can bring an organization…some positive diversions and at times, some rather negative interruptions. As a result, I thought I’d offer up a different version of the 12 Days of Christmas for you to consider. The cost to you will be nothing, but the dividends may offset any “downside” to the holidays you may experience. Take a look, reflect…just don’t try to sing as the words don’t quit match the melody, but the message is well worth your time.

The 12 Days of Christmas: A Leader’s Version
By: Lisa Petrilli

On the 1st day of Christmas my leader gave to me - Inspiration sprinkled with clear vision of future Christmases

On the 2nd day of Christmas my leader gave to me – A roll in the organization that fits my strengths

On the 3rd day of Christmas my leader gave to me – A genuine interest in me and my ideas

On the 4th day of Christmas my leader gave to me – Genuine respect

On the 5th day of Christmas my leader gave to me – 5 CORE VALUES ( which were demonstrated daily)

On the 6th day of Christmas my leader gave to me – Evidence that they value the opportunity to lead

On the 7th day of Christmas my leader gave to me – Passionate engagement with my team

On the 8th day of Christmas my leader gave to me – Credit when and where credit was due


​On the 9th day of Christmas my leader gave to me - Recognition of my unique talents​


On the 10th day of Christmas my leader gave to me – Commitment to work and life BALANCE

On the 11th day of Christmas my leader gave to me – Honest feedback and support expressed eloquently

On the 12th day of Christmas my leader gave to me – Empowerment to succeed

No money can buy these things as they’re all priceless…

Be good to yourself…

No comments:

Post a Comment