The male perspective seems to dominate the literature on leadership. However, female leaders hold an advantage over their male counterparts because they nurture and add humanity to the position, PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi said recently.
Take a look at her 5 “C’s” as you reflect on YOUR leadership style….
· Competency. Stand out from the pack and be a lifelong learner. Remain ahead and abreast in your field.
· Courage and Confidence. Speak out. Establish your knowledge base and be confident in it as a leader.
· Communication. Over-invest in written and oral communication. Leaders constantly have to motivate the troops.
· Consistency. Remaining steady, reliable, and determined allows for credibility and a baseline to measure your successes and failures.
· Compass. Integrity is critical in this job.
Remember…leadership is a skill which we must constantly and consistently, refine while we purposefully reflect on our own leadership style.
Be good to yourself…