Friday, October 2, 2015

Follow Your Moral "GPS"

I’m reluctant to admit it, but over the past few years I have become rather reliant on my GPS versus using my memory, gut instincts and “good common sense” to set my course. Truth be known, it’s when I ignore this electronic compass that I find myself off course, in unfamiliar territories, lost, and in areas I don’t belong.

My wife read me a passage today about the word compass and its origins. Interestingly enough its roots revolve around the relationship between points. As leaders, we each have our moral compass which guides us when facing those ethical dilemmas which have no answers, yet demand that answers be given.  

Our moral compass has been developed and honed over the years and should be trusted, adhered too, and valued when we reach those crossroads in life that forces us to pause and ponder the right path to take.  LISTEN to your moral compass as you would your GPS or you may find yourself off course, in unfamiliar territories, lost, and in areas you don’t belong…

Be good to yourself…


No comments:

Post a Comment