Happy New Year! 2017…time to reflect and consider your leadership and what might need a bit of a tweak. Below are a few suggestions to consider while you create your own list of “New Year Resolutions.”
1. Take the monkey off your back and come to grips that you do NOT have all the answers. Embrace the notion of life-long learning…as when we stop learning we begin to die.
2. Respond rather than react. Keep your emotions in check. Get all the facts, remembering that a response CAN be delayed. Reactions can cause more harm and more time spent on any given situation.
3. Take risks, but take CALCULATED risks.
4. Remember that talking and doing are two different things. Talking never accomplishes any task…only DOING!
5. Focus your efforts on finding solutions…not blame.
6. Be cautious not to believe your own good PR. There’s a difference between confidence and arrogance; the former helps build trust while the latter destroys it.
7. If you fail to plan; you plan to fail. Be strategic.
8. Hire the best. Do not “settle” or hire beneath you.
9. Take time to CELEBRATE…imagine going to a football game without anyone celebrating…sometimes even the smallest accomplishment…
10. Do to yourself, what you’d do unto others…in other words…be good to yourself…
Peace and all good things in the year ahead…