Friday, January 20, 2017

Rough Seas Ahead?

Have you ever been on a boat where the waters are rough, tossing your vessel from side to side, or front to back, making you sick in the process? It’s not an enjoyable experience by any stretch of the imagination. I found myself in this very predicament not that long ago when a friend reminded me that the best remedy was to focus on the horizon…look past the immediate turbulence and focus on where it is your are headed.

As I changed my center of attention past the raging seas, I became calmer and settled in for the remainder of the voyage. As I was doing so, I couldn’t help but to see the similarities in hitting “rough waters” while making difficult decisions and changes. Rarely do things go as smoothly as we hope, but if our vision is focused, our end goal honorable, we can weather any storm along the way as we move forward to calmer seas…


Be good to yourself…

No comments:

Post a Comment